Industree Coronavirus Policy
At Industree Group we are identifying and managing work health and safety risks with regard to exposure to COVID-19. The health and well-being of our workers and their families is of the utmost importance to Industree Group. To help manage the risk, we have put into place a number of measures effective immediately to control the spread of the virus as much as possible to protect our workforce, visitors and the greater community. Where possible, staff will be set up to work remotely from home. There will be no disruption to our world class services.
Coronavirus Workplace Risk Management
A novel (new) strain of coronavirus which originated in China in the Hubei Province in 2019 can cause a respiratory disease called COVID-19.
At Industree Group we are identifying and managing work health and safety risks including exposure to COVID-19. We also plan to respond to cases of COVID-19 at work in line with advice provided by the government and relevant health organisations. The health and well-being of our workers and their families is of the utmost importance to Industree Group.
Infection spreads from one person to another in a way that is similar to the flu:
- Through close personal contact with a person who is infected.
- Through the touching of objects or surfaces which have been contaminated by the sneeze or cough of a person who is infected, following by the touching of eyes, nose or mouth.
Symptoms experienced by people who have COVID-19 are similar to the flu. This includes a sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath and tiredness.
The majority of people who are infected by the virus experience mild to moderate symptoms that they fully recover from. Others may develop more serious illnesses such as pneumonia, including those at an increased risk such as the elderly and those with a weakened immune system or chronic medical conditions.
Industree Group workers have been notified not to go to work and must self-quarantine for 14 days if they have:
- Recently travelled to an overseas destination
- Share accommodation with a person who has returned from overseas travel
- Been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
Industree Group employees must seek immediate medical attention if they become ill during the quarantine period, making sure to call ahead of arriving and explain their travel or contact history.
When/if required, Industree Group will make appropriate arrangements so that workers who need to self-quarantine stay away from work, allowing for flexible working from home arrangements where job roles allow or can be modified to do so.
Preventing the spread of infection at work
For most businesses like Industree Group, the health risk is low. Simple hygiene practices, similar to those we use every year to protect against illnesses like the flu, can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections among staff.
We have sent out communications to all of our staff members encouraging them to:
- Familiarise themselves with the information provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and World Health Organisation.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, including before entering and leaving any common areas.
- Regularly use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser where hand washing facilities are unavailable.
- Clean work stations with disinfectant wipes twice daily to ensure a clean working environment.
- Cover nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow to cover any cough or sneeze, and dispose of tissues immediately after use, followed by the washing of hands or application of hand sanitiser.
- Avoid close contact with others, particularly those who are showing cold or flu-like symptoms. No handshakes or other methods of personal contact are permitted.
- Stay home if unwell and self-quarantine.
Industree Group has also provided the following in our workplaces:
- Hand washing facilities that are kept clean, properly stocked and in good working order.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser, tissues and cleaning supplies in all common areas.
- Promoting good hygiene practices through the display of posters on how to wash hands properly and how to limit the spread of germs.
- A clean and hygienic working environment with regular professional cleaning of high-touch surface areas such as door handles and workstations to help prevent contamination.
In the case of an infection onsite:
- If someone becomes ill with respiratory symptoms at work, we will immediately isolate them by placing them in a room or an area away from others.
- Industree Group will arrange for the person to be sent home and advise them to seek medical attention. If they are very unwell, an ambulance will be called.
- If a worker is confirmed to have COVID-19, we will inform co-workers about possible exposure to COVID-19 but maintain confidentiality.
Social distancing is enforced ensuring there are 1.5m between colleagues, staff working from home where possible, or on alternating rosters, staggering of lunch and other breaks to minimise gatherings, and minimising cross-department contact between sales/support and warehouse staff.
Screening points have been set up at entryways for all staff and visitors to our branches to pass through prior to entry. The stations will be sanitised regularly and relevant PPE provided to the screening attendant. Temperatures will be taken and hand sanitiser must be used before entry is permitted. Anyone that has a temperature or is exhibiting other signs of illness will not be permitted to enter. Where affected delivery drivers/couriers are involved, they will be asked to unload their goods in a distinct quarantine area. All quarantined goods will be sprayed with surface disinfectant prior to them being handled by staff and entering the warehouse.
All non-essential service operators that provide services to our branches have been postponed until further notice.
All events scheduled into the foreseeable future have been cancelled or postponed to limit gatherings.
Visits from suppliers will be suspended indefinitely and alternative arrangements made to communicate and engage.
External sales representatives will be limiting customer visits with other methods of engagement such as phone, email, group chats and video conferencing preferred.
Work From Home
High risk employees will be given the option to work from home if an outbreak should occur.
Domestic travel is being limited.
We will be redirecting some supply direct from suppliers, and other similar measures will be taken should the need arise.